Cummins vs Generac2 min read
Just based on what we have experienced in the field.
- 10 second delay once power is lost
- Up to 5 minutes run time before transfer takes place
- If there is a frost buildup on slip rings could take up to 5 minutes
- Base unit is only guaranteed to start down to 32 degrees
- Add-on Oil filter heater extends to 0 degrees
- Add-on Battery heater extends to below 0
- No added heat for slip ring frost up issue
- “Free” WiFi adapter but the monitoring service is $49.99/yr
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- Up-gradable to 10 year full service warranty for $995
- 5 Minute weekly exercise. –
- In our climate this leads to condensation in the oil.
- The engine runs long enough to produce condensation but not long enough to burn the condensation away
- Unit design
- Air flows from right to left.
- Air intake is close to side vents allowing for snow to build up inside air filter if not kept constantly clean.
- Instant start when power is lost
- No delay
- Transfer takes place as soon as unit is up to speed. within 30 seconds
- Unit has built-in slip ring heater to prevent frost-up
- Base unit will start at below 0.
- Built-in block heater
- Built-in Slip ring heater
- Remote monitoring is built in and always free
- 10 Year warranty on all components of the generator.
- Up-gradable to 10 year full service warranty for $795
- Monthly 20 minute exercise
- Motor will run long enough to burn off any condensation it creates
- This will lead to longer engine life.
- Unit design
- Square design resembles an AC condenser and blends into your landscape
- Air intake into enclosure is the front of unit
- Engine air intake is on right side
- Change of direction of air flow helps prevent snow from clogging the air filter.